Tuesday, February 10, 2009

(3rd in eyes, grin)

Body
I am tortured. The sight of my greenish hands makes me gag. My cold nimble fingers nervously trace my palm as I plan what to do next. In my memory, I see your body lurched over in a crouch. Your neck craned around to watch me helplessly. I see your elbows bent without joints; the pallid skin over your bones hangs miserably in rags. Suddenly I look up from my palm and stare at my surroundings. I stand in a room full of mirrors. The reflection dances from glass to glass. My eyes flicker unintentionally to each one. My eyes glance down. The ground is bare. White stone is lays unevenly on it. I study one image. A frail body stands before me, its eyes sallow and meaningless. The sneer on its face horrifies me. The arms lie limply at the person’s side. The skin is murky yellow. I bring my hand up to my face and watch as the person follows. The hair is long and plastered the thing’s neck. It twists around the face. I grasp the strands of hair that hangs around my neck. They crumble in my grip. The face is thin and droopy. The features are fading off it. I turn. The person is me. I know it. My cold, thin legs carry me out of the room, but it never ends. The mirrors surround me. I cover my eyes, but the image stays behind my eyelids. The rage builds inside of me. My body smashes into a mirror and I fall through the other side. Your body sits on a stone, motionless, dead. I force myself to do it. My fingernail traces the check. It is empty. The mouth and eyes are gone. You are white. My fingers instinctively touch the lips and eyes now on my face. I hold the body with my hands and breathe out. My mind is collapsing. I thrust myself into the body and grimace in sheer pain that overwhelms me my arms stretch through the leathery skin. My neck bends awkwardly and by back twitches miserably. I can feel the skin on my skin. It wraps itself around me and strangles my limbs. Its rough edges scratch me. Something escapes from my breath. I watch as a piece of crystal is coughed from your throat. My soul crumbles. The body I stand in feels empty. I hunch over and collapse. The emptiness is eating everything away. The eyes are gone. The smirk is gone. I am gone.

1 comment:

  1. JACKIE! you should combine all three as like 'chapters' and use it as your english paper. but i would keep adding to it if you are gonna do that bc its not long enough by far...

    OMG!! THE LEECHES! you should post the leeches! that was a goood one!

    ReplyDelete